YTU Department of Architecture Architecture Program in English has started education in 2013-2014 academic year. The language of education is 0 English and it has the same curriculum with Architecture program in Turkish. In 2009 with the application on the National Architecture Accrediting Board (MIAK) and with reference to the institutional nature of all these studies, YTU Department of Architecture has been entitled to accreditation for 6 years with its undergraduate program following the evaluation of the Board. The studies for the NAAB Substantial Equivalency have been completed recently and the department has applied for it in June 2013. YTU Department of Architecture has been declared successful for 1.st assessment process of NAAB and it is prepared for the 2nd. assessment process.
The Architecture Program in English has a quota of 40 students and it is open Turkish citizens as well as foreign students applying from other countries. Admission requirements of the Architecture Program in English for Turkish citizens are in the guidelines prepared by "TC Assessment, Selection and Placement Center”. Admission requirements in Chapter Four of "YTU Foreign Registration Guide" (Bachelor of Education) are valid for students applying from abroad.
All information needed including registration guide can be seen in the link below.
17 faculty members and 6 research assistants are on duty in the Architecture Program in English.
The profession of architecture is in constant change and development in today. A qualified education and foreign language skills are determining features to keep up with this development. The advantages of getting professional education in a language accepted as global to the candidates of architecture are as follows:
- To establish collaboration at the international level in the field of architecture,
- To compete in global arena combining communication skills with competence professional education,
- To develop the skill of making relations with different cultures,
- To make research and studies on the theory and practice of architecture at the international level,
- To make international collaborations in the field of education in accordance with the objectives of the country,